Extra content planned in response to fan demands for more
Mark of the Ninja developer Klei Entertainment has announced it’s putting together a Special Edition DLC for the stylishly super-honed ninja stealth side-scroller, which will be downloadable from Xbox Live Arcade this summer (price TBA). Details of what new stuff we can expect in the SE are below, but first the trailer:
And here’s what Klei says it’s putting in the Special Edition:
- A new level, set in a flashback to the early life of Dosan (the ninja’s tattoo artist) that will set the stage for the events that transpire in Mark of the Ninja
- A new style of play, which includes a nonlethal takedown ability, and provides a hybrid of lethal and nonlethal approaches to the game
- Two new items, one more geared to stealth and concealment and one a bit more direct. Both the items and the new play style will be available in the main game as well as the new level. (more details at a later date)
- Finally, we’ve added a ton of developer commentary to the main game. All the original levels will feature a number of commentary modes that discuss various aspects of the game’s creation, anecdotes, at least two history lessons and other behind the scenes info from nearly everyone on the team
- Developer commentary has been fully localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese. (Which our amazing community has helped us to translate)
Klei admits that it ‘intentionally built Ninja to be a complete experience’, but after receiving requests for more from its fans, it decided to put together the Special Edition. The developer believes there will be enough content to give anyone who played Mark of the Ninja first time round a good reason to revisit the game.
If you love Mark of the Ninja, you might also be interested to know that the recently released Minecraft Skin Pack 4 contains a Mark of the Ninja skin.